Quit Smoking With Hypnotherapy
If you are currently at the point in your life where you realise that its time to stop smoking, then you will understand the difficulty and frustration that is encountered when trying to end this nasty habit for good. It seems to call your name when you are at your weakest and always tries to pull you back into its grip. Fortunately to date, hypnotherapy has worked incredibly well for many people who have tried everything and failed to kick the habit.
Smoking has also become unacceptable in public places and is leaving more smokers feeling guilty and ostracized for their habits. Sometimes however, these events can lead to positive results as it allows many troubled smokers to reflect on how their negative habit is affecting not only those around them, but themselves as well. For many people, hypnotherapy is an effective solution.
Negative Consequences Of Smoking
- Nearly half of all smokers die prematurely due to smoking-related diseases.
- Smoking increases the risk for heart disease.
- The life expectancy of a smoker is about 10 years less than that of a non-smoker.
- Smoking increases the risk for infertility in women of childbearing age.
- It is estimated that only half of long-term smokers live past the age of 70.
- Smoking is the leading cause of lung cancer and contributes to many other types of cancer.
- Its expensive!
- Smoking increases the risk for heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease (narrowing of the blood vessels outside your heart).
- It makes you smell bad. It makes your hair and clothes smell bad too.
- It negatively influences highly susceptible people such as children to take up the habit.
- Smoking increases the risk for respiratory symptoms, such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath.
- Smoking increases the risk for risk of developing some lung diseases (such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, also known as COPD, one of the leading causes of death in the United States).
Why Stop Smoking?
The reasons and benefits to stop smoking are many, but it is different to each person that wishes to quit smoking. Regardless of each individuals reasons and benefits, we shall explore some of the more common aspects of cigarettes, how hypnosis can assist with smoking cessation and the benefits that can be achieved.
Did you know that commercial tobacco smoke contains a deadly mix of more than 7,000 chemicals; hundreds are harmful, and about 70 can cause cancer. Some of the well-known chemicals are nicotine which causes addiction; tar, which is a poison for the body, damages organs and causes disease; carbon monoxide, which is a poisonous gas that prevents smooth functioning of the lungs and is responsible for poor circulation.
Smoking increases the risk of many diseases and ailments in the body. Smokers tend to have less energy, lower sperm count, poor senses (like taste and smell) and have unhealthy skin. It also affects those who are near smokers via passive smoking and is incredibly dangerous for children and infants. This includes chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and an increased risk of cot death.
Hypnotherapy For Smoking Cessation
Once the habit of smoking is deeply entrenched in a persons behaviour, daily routines and mind-set, it can be incredibly difficult for them to successfully give up the habit on their own. The mind has begun using the act of smoking as a coping mechanism for things such as stress, socializing, nervousness and the feel-good-factor. So to take such coping mechanisms away leaves the person feeling alone and vulnerable.
The greatest benefit of hypnotherapy for smoking cessation is that once a person has made up their mind to ditch the habit, the hypnosis practitioner will be able to find out the positive reasons for quitting and work out way forward on how to align the subconscious mind to those positive reasons, along with helping to remind the subconscious mind of the negative associations of smoking addiction. This system is incredibly effective and has become one of the leading methods in smoking cessation therapy because of the fact that hypnosis can bypass the limitations of the conscious mind.
Although the results can be remarkable, hypnosis is not a magic trick. It is merely working with a person and the power of the subconscious mind to help re-program negative beliefs, limiting mind-sets and poor performance issues. It is essentially a way to create a "super-focus" of the mind so it can achieve results in spite of any obstacles and hurdles that may be in the way. This type of super-focus is clearly seen in high performance artists, sports people and business professionals.
Hypnosis for smoking cessation should not be viewed as a quick-fix solution, but more as a powerful way to focus the mind so it can do what it is already capable of doing anyway and that is to achieve results.
The Benefits of Smoking Cessation
- More energy.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Increase in libido.
- Longer life expectancy.
- Stronger immune system.
- Stronger lungs which assists with greater exercise performance.
- Knowing that you have achieved something positive for yourself!
- More money in your pocket.
- More plump and healthy skin.
- To be a positive influence on others who are trying to quit.
- Your mouth wont smell like an ash tray... And neither will any of your belongings.
- Your body will begin removing the damaging cigarette chemicals from your system.
Common Worries & Misconceptions
One of the main concerns about quitting cigarettes is the issue of weight gain. What most don't realise is that smoking destroys your energy so that body feels less of a need for food. When you quit, you will naturally gain energy back which means that your body may require nutrient intake. This is a very positive sign because now that the body is experiencing the positive results, it will be a great opportunity to start eating a better diet and using the extra energy for positive outlets like exercise. It would be a rather short-sighted mindset for a person to prefer the negative consequences of smoking rather than the positive signs of a body in recovery from the breaking of such a negative habit.
Many social smokers worry about the social consequences if they don't have their smoke in their hand when out with friends. These concerns are dealt with in hypnotherapy and its important to remember that change doesn't mean an end to the good things in life as fear often tries to create. Change can lead to many unexpected positive outcomes that may only be experienced once a person has kicked the smoking habit.
If you are at the point where you feel its time to end the habit of smoking, then half the battle has already been won. Fear and insecurity will always try to convince the mind out creating change. It's alright to have these feelings because change has a mysterious quality to it that creates a new and different future. However, who is to say that a new and different future is a bad thing? Maybe this kind of lifestyle change can create amazing and positive outcomes to your life. The choice to take charge of your life is always up to you! I look forward to hopefully meeting you in the near future.
Sessions are 90 minutes
Session Price = R550
Office in Chartwell, Fourways, Johannesburg
Centers For Disease Control and Prevention